Good Morning everyone!
Today I wanted to share with you a smoothie that I go back to time and time again. It is a classic, but I love it. Drinking chocolate mylkshakes in the morning makes me feel like I’m being cheeky with zero guilt!
I keep referring to this concoction as both a mylkshake and a smoothie as it is both – it just depends on who you’re serving it too! Kids and people after a chocolatey drink = mylkshake. Health conscious people or cleansers or who ever else = Smoothie.
It’s a mylk based liquid NOM that’s all we need to know.
Organic Cacao powder is used in this drink to make it not just delicious, but great for your body too for all of these reasons!
- Jam packed full of anti oxidants – to get the full absorption it is advised to avoid drinking cacao with dairy products as that can prevent you gaining the full benefit! (Not that I advocate dairy in any case!)
- Source of sulfur which will help maintain shiny hair & strong nails.
- One of the highest concentrations of magnesium which means that it creates energy and can combat fatigue (for those who have or have had adrenal burn out it is best to minimise your intake of cacao as it can over stimulate your adrenals) That said, the magnesium does help to lower blood pressure too!
- Weight loss! Yes – chocolate can help you lose weight! This is because cacao contains natural MAO inhibitors that suppress your appetite. (No I am not condoning skipping meals or cutting out anything – use cacao WITH meals)
- Age reducing! Ok so it doesn’t turn back the clock – but the polyphenol antioxidants protect our cells from oxidising too early therefor keeping us looking younger!
- Good time release! Cacao is an aphrodisiac – oh yes it is! It has a mood enhancing property that releases the same endorphins as when we fall in love or during sex! This is why you are often given chocolate on valentines day – although most chocolate that is actually gifted has non of this property left after all of the processing!
These are just a few examples of why I choose cacao! My dear friend Gavin over at Cacao Love sells the most divine cacao I have ever tasted (I’ve had a lot). It really is a delicious treat, so if the recipe below calls to you – click the link and treat your body to some of the most divine cacao out there.*
Cacao Mylkshake Breakfast Smoothie NOM Recipe
1.5 frozen bananas (at least 6 hours)
2 tbsp cacao powder (or cacao from cacao love )
1 tbsp maple
1 tbsp chia seeds
3/4 cup filtered water
3/4 cup almond mylk
Add everything into a blender and blitz until smooth- I use a nutri bullet!
To gain a thicker more luxurious smoothie, ensure your bananas are fully frozen as this creates a lovely creamy texture.
I use half water, half mylk to reduce the fat content as this is a nice big smoothie recipe! (Not that fat is bad – just personal preference) feel free to use 1.5 cups of mylk if you would prefer!
If you plan to recreate this smoothie at home, take a photo and tag me on Instagram – I’d love to see them!
Until next time!
*my post is NOT sponsored. It is purely my opinion that Cacao Love is the best quality Cacao I have come across